Πέμπτη 28 Απριλίου 2011

Letter to a Friend...


Dear You,

I’m writing this letter just to ask you to forgive me, for all the reasons that you’ll read below… Just to see the way I feel… You don’t have to forgive me… But please, in the name of our old friendship, just take a look, and then you can decide if you were right or wrong.
        Forgive me, oh, please forgive me! Forgive me for trying to be all that you wanted, for trying so hard to be like you… Forgive me for being faithful, for loving you, for supporting you, for keeping your secrets and sharing mines with you… Forgive me for trying to cover your mistakes, so that you can look perfect, and for taking the blame, when you did something wrong…
        I wasn’t supposed to love you, my dear friend, I wasn’t supposed to care about you, to try to help you, to be there for you. I just wanted to. But you showed me that I shouldn’t have…
        Even though it wasn’t my fault, I took the blame, and swallowed my pain and pride, just to make you feel better. Even though I never lied, you called me a liar. You betrayed me, and my pure feelings for you for something fake, unreal, and when it all disappeared, you blamed me, but it’s ok, because I still love you.
        Forgive me for dreaming of you at night, for crying when a song reminds me of the beautiful times we had. Forgive me for your own mistakes; I shouldn’t let you make them. Forgive me for trying to suicide when you left me behind, when you let me down, when you forgot me… I shall never do it again.
        Forgive me for being myself, forgive me for being better than you, for being a good friend, for still loving you… I’m sorry.